Decreased ambient cooling caused by very high component density often leads to premature capacitor failure; in fact, input voltage capacitors are typically the first parts to fail in a high power circuit. To function reliably in today's densely packed systems, the capacitor must be kept cool. Our Cap Coolers improve the performance and extend the life of 3.0" electrolytic capacitors.
Cap Coolers are available in both one- and two-piece configurations. The single-piece extrusion provides maximum cooling for new applications, while the two-piece extrusion allows easy retrofitting for upgrading existing designs offering improved performance in an existing package.
- Efficient, low-cost cooling using high conductivity extruded aluminum
- Natural or forced convection cooling
- Single-piece or retrofitable two-piece configurations
- Both heat sink and mounting clamp
Lightweight Cap Coolers
Lightweight Cap Coolers are compact by design and provide cooling in areas where space is limited.
- Provides efficient cooling in a lightweight design
- Offers low-cost cooling
- Replaces sheet metal mounting clip
- Allows tight system spacing to reduce overall volume