GLOBAL DESIGN CENTERS
San Jose, CA
+1 512 382 8100
Shenzhen City, China
For High Power Cooling
Folded & Zipper Fin
Bonded & Aug Fin
High Fin Density Heat Sinks provide increased efficiency for high power applications under forced convection by creating greater volumetric surface area and are classified into two types: High Aspect Ratio Extrusions and Fabricated Fin Assemblies. Although both types offer considerable performance gains over standard extrusions, Fabricated Fin Assemblies are constructed from a base and have independent fins, which allow greater aspect ratios1 than current extrusion processes. These heat sinks can be assembled using a variety of fin types such as stamped, folded, or zipper which are attached to a base using epoxy bonding, swaging, brazing, or soldering.
Why Use Aavid High Fin Density Heat Sinks?
- Overcome high heat flux in space constrained areas
- Standard and custom offerings available
- Engineering expertise to design the most economic solutions
- Broad range of fin designs to match thermal requirements
- Expertise in copper and aluminum joining technologies